Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Processing Conflict"


I am a person who loves to talk. With that being said, when it comes to conflict I like to talk out what happened right then and there. I don’t think about the problem and its entirety until I’ve realized I have already made the situation worse. Also, I am a dance teacher and have to deal with a lot of conflict with kids. When it comes to dealing with my kids, I find that I take the time to look at the bigger picture before I intervene. This is when this book comes in handy. It really interests me and makes me think about conflict in a whole new way and it has only been the first couple of chapters. I want to be able to change the way I view conflict; but that is easier said than done. If I looked at my relationship with my boyfriend that way I look at conflict with my dance kids, I know I wouldn’t jump down his back so much and just BREATH throw whatever the issue may be. I want to change the way I think about conflict by using this book. I know that is such a broad statement, but I can’t change this very second. I just started getting into the book. Conflict is something everyone needs in a relationship. It should help you grow, not shape what it should be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment