Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Listening"


I love to talk. One of my first jobs was bagging at a grocery store and I loved it. Not that I was overjoyed to bag groceries, but the fact that half my job was to please the customers. I got to talk and be myself at all times. One of the best skills I learned from this was how to listen. Believe it or not, there are skills to listening. I caught on to key points of what to remember and what wasn’t so important to keep the conversation going. Although I loved talking and meeting new people, I had some difficulties as well. I cant hear out of my left ear as well, so listening has always been hard simply due to the fact that I don’t know what is being said. When others talk I listen and read lips to everything they are saying. I usually don’t wander off and think about my own thoughts, unless the conversation has allowed me to do so in a way to keep the conversation going. Now, if the speaker is BORING, that’s a whole other story. I cant stay focused on a conversation if I am about to fall asleep. If this begins to happen, then of course I think about my own ideas just to keep my eyes open. In this case, if I were to listen to a person who has no communication skills, then no, I cannot write down what they have said because I was not paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment