Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Introductory Post"

Hello!
  I am so eager to start my first online class! I have also never blogged before so this should be an interesting experience. Blogging is a way of communication that i have yet to endure; I know this class will expand my experiences in communication. Well I come from a family of three older brothers and parents who have managed to stay together for 30 years now. Coming from this family scenario, i realize now more than ever that family experiences have shaped who i am over adventures on my own. Because my brothers were so active into sports and extreme games, so was I. I consider myself to be 'rough around the edges.' I am a very approachable person and I love to put myself out in the world to make any kind of positive difference in life. I love my jobs and carry them out with great passion. Talking to people whether I know them or not is my thing to do and i love it because it gives me my outgoing sense of humor and creative personality. My experiences in communication so far come from my jobs. For one job, I teach tap dance to many different age and levels. I bring myself to each class with a different communication approach depending on the age and level. I also nanny three beautiful boys who have changed my life significantly. I have basically raised them because their parents have never really been around. Having to take on such a responsibility has geared me toward my major in communications. I love the idea of studying different aspects of something i love to do. Also after I graduate SJSU I am attending the Paul Mitchell school in Hollywood in hopes of becoming a professional hairdresser. Having Communications as my major will help me succeed in more ways than I could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment