Friday, February 10, 2012

"How i resolve conflicts"


This chapter is a great way to really sit down and think about how we act and react in conflicts. Out of all the different categories I could have 'placed myself in,' I chose to define myself as an Assertive communicator, with a Relationship-Centered general concern. In my own words, I stand up for myself in a way that tries to satisfy both ends of the conflict. Being assertive means having the ability to stand up for one's interests, concerns, or rights in a way that does not interfere with the interests or infringes on the rights of others. And taking a relationship-centered orientation results that we recognize both our needs and the needs of the other are important. When I deal with conflict in this way, I am for the most part satisfied with the outcome. I hate leaving a feud when it has not been finished. I try my hardest to resolve the issue right then and there no matter how big or small it is. I am a forgiving and very down-to-earth person. Conflict doesn’t usually come my way because of my strong personality. I love to speak the truth of what I believe in about myself regardless of what people say. I do this in a way that is not offensive so I can be assertive with myself and not get 'garbage' for it. I expect life to be lived, so dealing with my so called 'problems' this way have led me to where I am happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment