Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Hypertress"


Everybody stresses out at one or SEVERAL times throughout life. The key to understanding stress is how to manage it correctly. There are four different kinds of stress; eustress, distress, hypostress, and hyperstress. The one I have the most trouble with is hyperstress. Hyperstress is when too many tasks and responsibilities pile up on us and we are unable to adapt with the changes or cope with all that is happening at once. I am currently going through hyperstress. I told myself I wanted to remain busy this year and work so I can pay for an apartment. The problem is that I took on too many responsibilities at once that I freaked out because I couldn’t handle it. I guess I though I was super-woman and take on six jobs while trying to attend school full time. I was managing everything just fine with time, but I wasn’t putting my heart and soul into everything that I was doing because it was too much to keep in my mind. I finally had to quit two jobs and take online courses to maintain everything. I am glad I found a solution to my hyperstress. It is never fun to be stressed out, but managing it and knowing what to do in the future is relaxing to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment