Friday, March 9, 2012

"Trust"


Trust is a word that is involved in every relationship. We have to be able to trust one another to truly be ourselves. If we don’t, we end up acting like someone else in order to avoid 'disapproval.' Growing up, we all go through relationships with friends. I became best friends with Sam in the first grade. She was bullied and never knew how to stand up for herself. Because I’ve always been so confident in myself, I instantly pulled Sam off her feet and taken care of her, until this past year. She seems to be going through an 'early-life crisis' and has lost all meaning to who she really is. She doesn’t trust the world around her and acts as some else to a new group of friends. She wanted something more I guess. I’ve lost complete trust in her because she would rather hang out with my brother than me. My reaction was tough because it took me awhile to realize that I’ve lost trust in her completely. At first it was really hard because she was my best friend, but I came to the realization that I simply cannot trust words out of her mouth because she’s lied for too long and has never admitted to anything. I don’t think trust in our friendship can be gained back simply to the fact that I hold grudges. Trust in any relationship is crucial and when trust is gone, then communication lacks. And I can’t wait around to gain it back when she doesn’t want too. LIFE GOES ON :)

No comments:

Post a Comment