Sunday, April 15, 2012

"False Attributions"


I am guilty of making false attributions often. I am too impatient at times and I find myself in these situations more often than I should. One time I was at home getting ready to go to lunch with my boyfriend. I was all ready to go and on time. (That never happens) I was waiting in my room while I was watching television. I became lost in the show I was watching and completely lost track of time. I realized I had finished an entire episode of Law and Order, and that is about forty five minutes long. I looked at my phone and noticed he never called or texted me that he was running late so I called him. He didn’t answer the three times I called so of course I started thinking of all the false attributions about what he could be up too. Turns out he was trying to pick up a bouquet of flowers just for the heck of it and got stuck behind an accident on the freeway. I became so worked up over nothing and I still feel horrible to this day! All he wanted to do was to surprise me with flowers when I, sitting in my room freaking out on him. I wish I didn’t do this as much but my mind wanders too much!!

1 comment:

  1. It's too easy to be guilty of this! Our minds can be a dangerous place--sometimes it is easy to just think the worst of a situation. Sometimes the same thing happens to me where I wonder what is going on and the more I wonder the more far-fetched the scenarios start getting. It sounds like in this situation he was picking you up?...good thing cause I'm sure it would have been worse if you were supposed to meet him somewhere and lost track of time!

    ReplyDelete